Suitable for Vegans & Vegetarians
1kg Peeled & Chopped Butternut Squash
1 Packet Unsalted Cashew nuts
1 Tin Coconut Milk
1 Lime (vest & juiced)
Olive oil for frying & marinade
2 Tsp Vegetable Stock
1 Red Chilli deseeded and chopped
2 Handfuls of Spinach
1 Tsp Salt
1 Tsp Black Pepper
1 Tbsp Fresh Thyme
- Place the chopped butternut squash into a bowl, drizzle some olive oil and add Caribbean Lime Rub, lemon vest and juice. Massage through.
- Place a saucepan onto a medium heat, add olive oil. Once heated, add marinated butternut squash and saute for 2 mins.
- Add Spinach and saute for 1 minute.
- Add red chilli, salt, black pepper, vegetable stock, thyme and coconut milk. Bring to the boil, then place a lid on saucepan, reduce heat and simmer for 20 mins or until butter squash is softened.
- Once cooked remove from heat and sprinkle a handful of cashew nuts over the stew.
- Serve with white rice.
- Enjoy 🙂