2 cups tinned corn, drained
1 red chilli. deseeded and chopped finely
1 green chilli, deseeded and finely chopped 2 tsp thyme leaves
2 tbs parsley, finely chopped
4 stalks spring onions, finely chopped
2 eggs, beaten
1 cup self raising flour
1 tsp baking powder
2 1/2 cups milk
1 tsp ground black pepper
1 tsp sea salt
1 tsp hot sauce ( optional )
Vegetable oil for frying
- in a mixing bowl add flour, baking powder, black pepper, sea salt and
whisk together to blend.
- Add chillies, thyme, parsley and spring onions and stir.
- Add milk and stir to form a loose batter.
- Add corn to batter and stir, should be dropping consistency.
- If batter is too stiff add some milk, if too loose add some flour and stir through.
Makes 20 to 30
Serve with sweet chilli or hot sauce