2 very ripe Plantains, peeled and chopped
200g plain flour
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
1 red chilli, deseeded and finely diced
1 tsp fresh thyme leaves
2 eggs beaten
1 tbs melted butter
vegetable oil for frying
1. In a mixing bowl combine all the dry ingredient ie, flour, baking powder, salt.
2. Combine all the wet ingredients, chopped plantains, beaten egg, milk, melted butter, chilli and thyme leaves together.
3. Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and combine to a dropping consistency.
4. In a frying pan add vegetable oil and bring to a medium heat.
5. Drop in spoonfuls of the batter and fry for about 3 minutes until golden brown.
6. Remove from frying pan and place on a baking try lined with kitchen absorbent paper.
7. Continue frying until all the batter is cooked. Serve with a dip of your choice!
1 All the ingredient except oil for frying can be placed in a food processor and blend together.
2 An Electric fryer can be used to fry off your plantain fritter.
3 The batter can be panfried pancake style!